hi there

Autoihin liittymätön keskustelualue.
Discussion forum for non-vehicle related topics.
leonfromaustria
Vasta alkaja

hi there

Viesti Kirjoittaja leonfromaustria »

hi guys,

a few of you might know already, i am from austria, travelling up to lapland with my t3 syncro. when i've been to helsinki my injection pump broke down, instead of trying to contact your forum first i unfortunately went to the bosch-service as i thought they would be able to fix a bosch-injection-pump. however, it's a long story, i lived 11 days in the backyard of the car-repair but now things seem to be fixed. and i wrote an email to the forum and got really great support, jarke even turned up at the bosch-workshop to see if things are allright, so thank you for that!

so to introduce my car: it's a former army van, syncro, built 92, with a hightop, 15'' tires and a 1,9l AAZ engine. so far i have been on a lot of trips with it, the biggest one was 2009/10 when i went to australia. i went through eastern europe, iran, azerbaijan, crossed the caspian sea, drove through the stan-countries, entered china in kaxgar, drove through tibet (even been at the everest base camp with the van), nepal, india and shipped it from there to australia. and after 5 month over there i shipped it to dubai, went down to oman, then up through saudia arabia to jordan and syria (which was an absolutely fantastic country by then...), than back into europe via turkey.

2013 i wanted to go to senegal, but as the sandstorms in western sahara were so bad that the car could make only 50km/h, my girlfriend by then and me decided to saty 3 months in morocco and mauretanie instead, which of course was also nice.

and this time it's my dog and me travelling, we went up via the baltic states, spent some time in helsinki and went to lakeland then, to paddle in the kolovesi national park (i carry a sup with me). and now i had two really great hikes at patvinsuon-national park and ruunaa-national park, i never intented to do such a lot of hiking but it's amazing here, i really love finland!

as well as the people over here, everybody i met so far was really great, so it was totally worth waiting for the injection pump almost two weeks ;)

i do have a travel-blog, unfortunately it is in german, but if you want to see some pictures of the van and a lot of pictures of your country: http://www.yaktracks.at

so maybe i meet one or the other of you on my way up north, of course i always greet as i meet another t3,

cheers from ruunaa, leon

ps: i'm not really shure if i write this in the correct part of your forum, so if not it would be great if anybody could move it there...
Neanterdaali
AktiVWisti

Re: hi there

Viesti Kirjoittaja Neanterdaali »

Hi Leon!

Welcome to forum and Finland! :)

Where are you heading from Ruunaa?

Mike
Volkkareitten harrastaminen on kuin laittaisi rahaa pankkiin!
hillitty
pikseliseppä

Viesti Kirjoittaja hillitty »

Thanks for sharing your adventures. I hope the rest of your trip goes without problems! Our summer is short but this year even shorter. Best to keep hiking or moving other ways to keep warm:-P

Btw. If your blog is having dropdown menus those are not visible to tablet users, atleast I could get to any content from those (+) links. :-\
-- 14"syncro caravelle *Keksimonsteri*--
- Sepi T4 lanssi
TT|
Swapman

Viesti Kirjoittaja TT| »

Welcome to our forum and Finland :)
You could tell some directions where you are going, so our members could meet you and maybe show some places. There is lot of good places for syncro driving ;)
How long will you stay?
Why do it right when you can do it yourself?
I on oltava!
Hanttapuli
AHUttaja

Viesti Kirjoittaja Hanttapuli »

Hello Leon und herzlich willkommen!

Checked your website and I have to admit that travelling from Austria to Australia is quite impressing :) Hope you enjoy your time in Finland and hope to meet you one day! Austria is on my to do list for sure.
T5 vm. 2009. 1.9 TDI. Pitkä paku.
T3 vm. 1986. mTDI. Armylanssi.
FVWA:n jäsen.
AT5nok
Moderaattori
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja AT5nok »

Hi!

Welcome to Finnish T3-forum and Finland!
leonfromaustria
Vasta alkaja

Viesti Kirjoittaja leonfromaustria »

Thanks for the warm welcome, i've just been to oulu and had the chance to visit 2 of your members, tuomo and pannu, and their families wich was really very nice. At the moment i'm at syöte-nationalpark and well, it's hard for me to say where i'm heading afterwards... North, so much for sure. I also can't really say how long i will stay in finland , if the weather is going to be a bit better i would really like to do some long hikes in lapland, if it's raining all the time perhaps not.
And i will go down south via sweden as i want to meet two friends of mine over there.
So, if anyone of you lives in lapland and wants to have a chat, a coffee or a beer, just yell and i make my planes according to that ;)

And @ hillitty: yes the blog is unfortunately a very old wordpress-theme, by then it wasn't standard to make it responsive so it only really works on a computer screen...

And sorry for answering that late, i'm not too often at places where i can go online
DJSigma
AktiVWisti

Viesti Kirjoittaja DJSigma »

Welcome!

Quite the trips you've done with your van, very impressive! :shock:
Caravelle C 1,6TD -88 "Punukka"
Caravelle MultiGLvan Syncro 1,9TDi -88 "Hopukka"
Vastaa Viestiin